Squidfish Forums

Full Version: Hyannis Run 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Water temp is 43F as of today.
almost game time

Couple more degrees. Lets gooooo!!!!
Hi Eveeyone,

I expect to start looking for squid on Friday. Look for a 24’ Pursuit ( at last ) that’s me . You also can hail me on VHF 16 or call / text my cell 781-686-2277 . At night I’ll be lit up green in a big way .
Forgot to mention ( That I talk a lot ) but some of my posts last year people seemed to like so you might want to go check last year’s thread out .
Quote:Hi Eveeyone,

I expect to start looking for squid on Friday. Look for a 24 Pursuit ( at last ) thats me . You also can hail me on VHF 16 or call / text my cell 781-686-2277 . At night Ill be lit up green in a big way .
Great, let us know how you do. I dont expect to go out until next Friday. Good luck.
Hello, hello and hello

How you're all doing?

I am still having problems with my 2006 150hp 4 stroke Yamaha..

Lost power under load no fuel issue, fuel pressure within spec. No water in fuel.

Limping around 16 mph in water normal sqeed 30-32. Any suggestions?

I going out next week any way regardless if I can fix it or not. Will report the findings on the squid.

Thanks
Hello Hyannis.. this is Rhode Island 2023 squid fish.net. No reports yet. 47 degrees
Quote:Hello, hello and hello

How you're all doing?

I am still having problems with my 2006 150hp 4 stroke Yamaha..

Lost power under load no fuel issue, fuel pressure within spec. No water in fuel.

Limping around 16 mph in water normal sqeed 30-32. Any suggestions?

I going out next week any way regardless if I can fix it or not. Will report the findings on the squid.

Thanks
The Yamaha 4-strokes have at least 3 fuel filters . Two of them are in the engine and not easily accessible. The last filter is very fine mesh and requires replacing every 3 years or so. If they get clogged, you will experience power lose as you describe. Happened to me one year. Good luck

SquidMonger
Read some Facebook posts that they are starting to get them in Hyannis.

The underground pizza shop and Chinese restaurant network concurs . Squid everywhere !!!
I plan to go out on Tuesday
Quote:The Yamaha 4-strokes have at least 3 fuel filters . Two of them are in the engine and not easily accessible. The last filter is very fine mesh and requires replacing every 3 years or so. If they get clogged, you will experience power lose as you describe. Happened to me one year. Good luck

SquidMonger

Thanks SquidMonger, I will looking into that.
Definitely going out tomorrow from around noon until we get cold

( or run out of cooler space )
1:00 - 3:00 4 guys 48 squid

4:00 - 4:30 14 Squid

They just woke up
was that 1-3 am or pm?
1 - 3 pm yesterday then 5 - 8 pm

Afternoon was better than evening
oh by the way 4:30 - 8:00 not too many squid after that 4:00 pm blitz but still a few
Im having what should be a small engine issue if it really is small Ill be out there around 2:00 - 8:00 pm
Pages: 1 2