The world's biggest, nicest and most helpful squid fishing community!!

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jean

Jean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm from southern NZ (dunedin), where I'm just finishing a PhD on Biology (age & diet etc) of Southern Arrow Squid (Nototodarus sloanii). Interested in all aspects!

Cheers

Jean

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 14 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:52 PM

hi jean. welcome to the forum. i know dunedin fairly well after living there a short time. i did some work with otago uni chemistry department a while back. its a great spot!

hopefully we can help you with your work where possible. and progress reports are always welcome. i have tried to encourage cephalopod researchers to make greater use of the forum in the past but haven't had much luck so far.

cheers, glen :ink

#3 squidjigdotcom

squidjigdotcom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Fishing of course!!!!! I market and sell a wide variety of squid jigs and some other fishing supplies. My website is www.squidjig.com

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

hi jean. welcome to the forum. i know dunedin fairly well after living there a short time. i did some work with otago uni chemistry department a while back. its a great spot!

hopefully we can help you with your work where possible. and progress reports are always welcome. i have tried to encourage cephalopod researchers to make greater use of the forum in the past but haven't had much luck so far.

cheers, glen :ink

I have a couple of researchers that are doing some studies on squid (not sure of the details). One of which is the University of New Mexico, and also have the University Of Alaska going out of Dutch Harbor area. I was supplying both of the groups with squid jigging supplies.

Jon
WWW.SQUIDJIG.COM Seattle, Washington, USA
Home of the World Famous Martinetti Squid Jigs

#4 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 14 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:02 PM

hi jon, if you do come across more researchers please let them know about squidfish.net! :ink thanks!