10 replies to this topic

#1 ben

ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

Hi my name is Ben i am from Hurtville Sydney. I am a Kayak Fisho and I am addicted to my BlackFishing and now since Monday after catching my first Squid am keen to learn more about catching Squid. And thats how i came across this website as i was doing Google search on Squid recipes. I also run a KayakFishing website with my Mate Geoff aka( Buj ) . feel free to pop by www.kfdu.com.au I cant wait for my next kayak session as i am keen to have a squid session from my Yak. Any members live localy as i wouldnt mind getting out for a squid session :) I will add this Website to our Links section

Gday Dan A

great to see a familar user name over here.

Cheers Ben

Edited by Ben@kfdu, 10 August 2006 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

hi ben and welcome to the site. i have visited kdfu before and it looks like it is really taking off. i am sure we can help you to catch a few squid from your kayak.

The NSW section of the site should give you an idea of where to catch some squid around Sydney. We do have a few NSW members and we are always glad to have a few new ones!

Cheers, Glen :)

#3 ben

ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

Gday Glen

Thanks for the welcome . Great to see you have dropped by KFdu. Mate it is starting to move along now we have some great members and I am enjoying meeting up with as many of our members as i can for a KayakFish. I cant wait to meet up with fellow SquidFish members :) I will check out the NSW section for some locations to try for my second Squid and maybe Third :) My wife coudnt believe i came across a squid forum. :th Then again either did i this is cool.

Cheers Ben

Edited by Ben@kfdu, 10 August 2006 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

#4 trackair

trackair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Profesional fisherman and adventure tour operator.<br />Fishing and anything outdoors.<br />Qualified: Commercial Pilot, Advanced open water SCUBA Diver, Boat operator.<br />Worked as: Deck hand, Business Charter pilot, Skydive pilot, Fishing guide, Fishing tackle developer, Tackle store manager.<br /><br />Currently Profesional adventure tour operator

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:10 AM

Hi my name is Ben i am from Hurtville Sydney. I am a Kayak Fisho and I am addicted to my BlackFishing and now since Monday after catching my first Squid am keen to learn more about catching Squid. And thats how i came across this website as i was doing Google search on Squid recipes. I also run a KayakFishing website with my Mate Geoff aka( Buj ) . feel free to pop by www.kfdu.com.au I cant wait for my next kayak session as i am keen to have a squid session from my Yak. Any members live localy as i wouldnt mind getting out for a squid session :) I will add this Website to our Links section

Gday Dan A

great to see a familar user name over here.
Cheers Ben

Hi Ben,
If you need any tips on catching squid you have sure come to the right place. People from around the world share their tips and secrets here. May I wish you luck in your quest in bagging some incky critters. If you want to read an article on Squid Fishing Please follow my links.
Cheers and Tight lines
Paul :) :th
www.trackairadventures.com

#5 Jazman

Jazman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:28 AM

Gday Ben, welcome to the forum. :)

I also fish from a kayak, I remember you from akff (my username there is Squidder).

There is a MASSIVE amount of info and a wealth of knowledge on this site, you'll be sure to find a few tips to help get your kayak black and inky :)

#6 ben

ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

Gday Trackair

Mate thanks. I will read your posts. :ink And yeah this site is awsome. i was only saying to another YakFisho about this website as he is a Squid Fisho aswell and he cant wait to join Squidfish Net :) My Mate only just got a Kayak so i have put my name down for his first squidding session :)

Gday Jazman

Mate this website explains your other username :) Mate great to be able to say Gday again. I have only just taken up squidding and i caught my first one last week and cant wait for the next one. Mate feel free to pop by KFDU we would love to have you over . How do you find Squidding of the Yak ? As i havent tried it yet .But am keen

Cheers Ben
Posted Image

#7 Jazman

Jazman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

Hey Ben,
I will come over and have a look at KFDU, I hear it is a great site. As for squidding off the yak, I love it and generally do pretty well, the only downside is that my FishnDive is yellow, so after a good session on the squid the kayak looks a bit like an overripe banana! Whenever I fish in saltwater I generally have a squid jig out if I have a rod spare, it's surprising how often you can pick up at least 1 or 2 on the drift while chasing snapper, flathead or anything really.

It's great you caught your first squid last week - I can still remember my first, it started a bit of an obsession with the critters. Keep us updated with your progress and feel free to bug us with questions.

Happy squidding mate
Jaz

#8 Dan A

Dan A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

Gday Glen

Thanks for the welcome . Great to see you have dropped by KFdu. Mate it is starting to move along now we have some great members and I am enjoying meeting up with as many of our members as i can for a KayakFish. I cant wait to meet up with fellow SquidFish members :ink I will check out the NSW section for some locations to try for my second Squid and maybe Third :) My wife coudnt believe i came across a squid forum. :) Then again either did i this is cool.
Cheers Ben

Hey Ben, yeah good to see ya.

#9 ben

ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

Gday Jazman

Great to see you have joined KFDU. One of our members Dave he always gets quid every time. He just got himself a kayak last week and cleaned up with some good size squid.I tried i couldnt get one :ink I am going for an offshore session this saturday at Bass Point Shell Harbour i will try drifting around with a jig out the back of the kayak :) :) :) Is it hard to get the ink of your kayak

Gday Dan A

Mate great site here. Mate looking forward to catching up with you .Are you comming this Saturday ?

Cheers Ben :au:
Posted Image

#10 Dan A

Dan A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

Gday Jazman

Great to see you have joined KFDU. One of our members Dave he always gets quid every time. He just got himself a kayak last week and cleaned up with some good size squid.I tried i couldnt get one :ink I am going for an offshore session this saturday at Bass Point Shell Harbour i will try drifting around with a jig out the back of the kayak :) :) :) Is it hard to get the ink of your kayak
Gday Dan A

Mate great site here. Mate looking forward to catching up with you .Are you comming this Saturday ?
Cheers Ben :au:

Yeah should be, at this stage no work on, and wife no longer needs the car.

#11 ben

ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Gday Dan A

Mate it will be great if you can make it. Mate i am going to try what JazMan does from his yak while drfiting i am going to have a Jig just over the side drifting as well. I would love if i catch my first squid from the yak this saturday thats my goal to catch one from the Yak :)

Cheers Ben :ink
Posted Image