4 replies to this topic

#1 rohan

rohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

Dust off ya dive gear spearo's cos the waters warming and the big reds are entering the bay! Its going to be a bumper spearfishing year - might even spear myself a malin or two if I could be bothered.

#2 Steeny

Steeny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:59 AM

i'm pretty keen to give spearfishing a go this summer. just gotta pick up a decent snorkel and some flippers and i'll be set.

perhaps we could organise a session where some of the more experienced could help out newbies in the fine art of spearing fish? then have some beers somewhere....

#3 rohan

rohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

i'm pretty keen to give spearfishing a go this summer. just gotta pick up a decent snorkel and some flippers and i'll be set.

perhaps we could organise a session where some of the more experienced could help out newbies in the fine art of spearing fish? then have some beers somewhere....

Sounds good steeny my main man, just ask your uncle rohan mate - hes number one with the spear gun :thumbsup2: . I love a beer too shagga...

but always remember if you drink and dive youre a bloody idiot! :ink

#4 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:48 PM

hi,

does anyone know the temperature of port phillip bay at the moment? :thumbsup2:

cheers, glen

#5 Steeny

Steeny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

http://www.earthsci....kins/temps.html

looks like its just starting to heat up. a few more degrees and it will be worthy of a swim i reckon