South Carolina Squid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hi everyone,

I was asked recently whether there are any good squid fishing spots in South Carolina.

If you know if there are any squid available along the coast (e.g. Hilton Head Island, St Helena Island, Edisto Isand, St Helena Sound, Kiawah Island, Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Fort Sumter, Georgetown, Pawleys Island, Surfside Beach, Myrtle Beach)..then please let us know.

Thanks very much for your help,

Cheers, Glen :beer

#2 jcortes

jcortes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I was asked recently whether there are any good squid fishing spots in South Carolina.

If you know if there are any squid available along the coast (e.g. Hilton Head Island, St Helena Island, Edisto Isand, St Helena Sound, Kiawah Island, Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Fort Sumter, Georgetown, Pawleys Island, Surfside Beach, Myrtle Beach)..then please let us know.

Thanks very much for your help,

Cheers, Glen :)

yes , from the folly beach peer , you can catch some squid and octopus , but the best the place is fort sumter from the beach with 2 jigs a 420 rod and 200 meters of line

#3 retired squid

retired squid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

I have always squid fished in New England, but now I live in Pawleys Island, SC and would like to try my luck down here. I have a friend that lives in Charleston, SC that caught some small ones in a cast net from a dock. I have asked him for some more specific information, where, time of the year etc. I'm guessing that somewhere between Dec - Feb should be the right time because they are in Newport, RI in May. I will post updates when I get more information and if I have any luck.

#4 kara

kara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

I have always squid fished in New England, but now I live in Pawleys Island, SC and would like to try my luck down here. I have a friend that lives in Charleston, SC that caught some small ones in a cast net from a dock. I have asked him for some more specific information, where, time of the year etc. I'm guessing that somewhere between Dec - Feb should be the right time because they are in Newport, RI in May. I will post updates when I get more information and if I have any luck.

Hey, did you ever  have any luck fishing for squid in SC? I'm in Georgia and haven't had any luck on the coast here, but am willing to drive to SC or NC or FL to spend a few days catching squid, but don't know where to start. I have lures and rod and reel, but just need to find those squid! 

#5 Gilligan

Gilligan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

When I was in FL two winters ago I checked into the squid scene there. Seems like they get them all along the west coast from St Pete up along the panhandle. Try googling Fl squid catching and you may find a source for current info. I think they were catching in St Pete in the wintertime.