3 replies to this topic

#1 Esox

Esox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

Dear all,

I am new to the squid fishing, looks like a nice challenge.

I live in St Lucia, an island in the eastern Caribbean. What are good techniques/tips for fishing with artificial jigs? And what about natural baits?

Thanks in advance

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

hi esox, welcome to the forum!

are there many people squid fishing in the Caribbean? If you ever catch a squid it would be great to see some pics!!

I presume the techniques mentioned throughout this site should work fine in your area. Have a look in this section:

http://www.squidfish...php?showforum=1

cheers, glen :th

#3 Esox

Esox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:04 AM

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your reaction.

I hardly see anyone fishing for squid here, neither in other islands in the Caribbean I visited. Although I see a lot of squid when fishing, diving, boating.

Will give it a try and Ill keep you informed

Cheers

hi esox, welcome to the forum!

are there many people squid fishing in the Caribbean? If you ever catch a squid it would be great to see some pics!!

I presume the techniques mentioned throughout this site should work fine in your area. Have a look in this section:

http://www.squidfish...php?showforum=1

cheers, glen :th

#4 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:07 PM

If no one is fishing for them then they should be very easy to catch!!! Get the frying pan ready!

haha :th Good luck! Glen