• This topic is locked This topic is locked
971 replies to this topic

#961 squidjigdotcom

squidjigdotcom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Fishing of course!!!!! I market and sell a wide variety of squid jigs and some other fishing supplies. My website is www.squidjig.com

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

Ted - welcome to the forum. Squidding has been pretty good lately. All you need is a light spinning rod with 8-10# test line, some small weights, and some small 3-4" squid jigs. All colors seem to be working . . . check out the online store at squidjigs.com as they have a great selection of jigs as a reasonable price. Also bring along a few weights in case the squid are on the bottom and you have to sink your jig when there is current and/or wind. Most folks use a coleman-style gas lamp (around $25 at Walmart) and hang it on a rope from the bridge raining to attract baitfish and squid.

Most of important of all - DRESS WARM at it can be brutally cold when it is windy. If you are lucky and it is warmer than normal, you can always peel of a layer of clothes.

All the folks I have met on the GI bridge are friendly and will give you tips on how to catch squid. Just watch them, it is easy.

Good Luck! :)

Hi Bassnman77 I think you mean www.squidjig.com ?? I've heard the fall run has been good this year. We are also haveing a very good run in the Seattle area now.

Jon
WWW.SQUIDJIG.COM Seattle, Washington, USA
Home of the World Famous Martinetti Squid Jigs

#962 bassnman77

bassnman77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Jon, Ted - my mistake. The correct website address is www.squidjig.com, also called Colman's Squid Jig Warehouse. They are terrific. . . I just ordered some of their bullet jigs and prism jigs, which having been the hot baits as of late. Try some, you won't be disappointed.

Good squidding! :rod:

#963 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

nice work! thanks for the report :lol

#964 1tym

1tym

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

Imma blow this up..

200 squid in 2 hours.

will post pics later tight lines yall!

#965 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:17 AM

Sounds awesome. Well done.

#966 squidjigdotcom

squidjigdotcom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Fishing of course!!!!! I market and sell a wide variety of squid jigs and some other fishing supplies. My website is www.squidjig.com

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

Imma blow this up..
200 squid in 2 hours.

Sounds like damn good squidding there for this time of year!!!!

What jigs were you using??

Jon
WWW.SQUIDJIG.COM Seattle, Washington, USA
Home of the World Famous Martinetti Squid Jigs

#967 Acslata

Acslata

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Imma blow this up..

200 squid in 2 hours.

PICS please. :th

#968 startfish

startfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

Imma blow this up..
200 squid in 2 hours.

Wow! That's all by yourself?! That's like 2 squid in a minute and 1 squid in 30 seconds!
I was there two weeks ago. I fished 1am to 8am got only 60. It was a very nice night.
Not cold at all and there were pretty good amount people on the bridge but after I talked
to them, non of them get 1 squid per minute, not even 1 squid for every 5 mintues.
Might be colder weather is better for squid? I will give it try this Friday and hopefully
the squid still there. If I could get 1 squid for every 5 minutes, I will be pretty happy
for this time of the year. But last year I did see people with two rods got 2 squid less
then a minute !

#969 sodabiscuit12345

sodabiscuit12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Heading there on monday night.
Anybody else have any reports? Hopefully they are still around.

#970 evil401

evil401

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

Wow! That's all by yourself?! That's like 2 squid in a minute and 1 squid in 30 seconds!
I was there two weeks ago. I fished 1am to 8am got only 60. It was a very nice night.
Not cold at all and there were pretty good amount people on the bridge but after I talked
to them, non of them get 1 squid per minute, not even 1 squid for every 5 mintues.
Might be colder weather is better for squid? I will give it try this Friday and hopefully
the squid still there. If I could get 1 squid for every 5 minutes, I will be pretty happy
for this time of the year. But last year I did see people with two rods got 2 squid less
then a minute !

dude i did that last thursday banging them came home with a garbage bag fullat jamestown...the bridge sux u gots to no the other spots

Edited by evil401, 02 December 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#971 startfish

startfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

dude i did that last thursday banging them came home with a garbage bag fullat jamestown...the bridge sux u gots to no the other spots

Good For You! I only know the bridge and the pier near by. I am not local and it take me 2h+ to get there. Compare to the guys come from NY,
I think I am still closer to RI. Until last year, I went squidding on the way home from togging. This is the fist time I went there only for squid
and like you said, the bridge was in deed sux this year! I only use squid for bait and I have enough bait for sea bass from my last trip.
For next year, I hope I will have better luck on the bridge. I only know the places for togs in Jamestown but not for squid.

#972 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:17 AM

I am closing the 2009 thread. Please visit the new 2010 thread here:

http://www.squidfish...?showtopic=2636