• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pepper01

pepper01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hi, i have recently bought myself a glow in the dark squid jig, and it is working quite well for me. When buying the jig, i got offered to but a special UV torch to go with it (it light up the jig and makes it glow in the dark) but they cost $30.00 from where i was and my friend had already bought one so i thought i could just use his.

However i am thinking of getting my own one, and looked on the internet for it (ebay) and saw many different types of UV torches. I am asking if anyone knows what kind of UV torch i need to get (they are way cheaper on ebay).

Any help would be appreciated.
THX :)

#2 namyau

namyau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hi, i have recently bought myself a glow in the dark squid jig, and it is working quite well for me. When buying the jig, i got offered to but a special UV torch to go with it (it light up the jig and makes it glow in the dark) but they cost $30.00 from where i was and my friend had already bought one so i thought i could just use his.

However i am thinking of getting my own one, and looked on the internet for it (ebay) and saw many different types of UV torches. I am asking if anyone knows what kind of UV torch i need to get (they are way cheaper on ebay).

Any help would be appreciated.
THX :(

i have one its just a uv light i dont know the specs of what you need. they do work when you hit the egis with the uv light it will stay lit up for about 5-20mins depending on how long you hold it for, in comparison just holding up to a bright light will do the same thing but in my experiences it only stays lit for about 5mins that way.