42 replies to this topic

#41 Kim_Vic

Kim_Vic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

I lived in Cha-Am Thailand for ten months about two years ago. Street vendors sell sun dried squid that they heat on a grill then run through a press to tenderize it a bit. Its squid jerky and it is quite tasty but still a bit chewy. I ate it almost every day, it was a nice snack.

my wife is japanese and just about every squid i catch is served on the table raw. Japanese style ika is sliced very thing 1 -2 mm slices and then eaten with soy . not my style but my wife and kids love it. the fresher the better and from experiments my famiy say the squid i kill immediately taste softer and sweeter. the bigger squid are eaten sushi style on rice .

#42 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

hi randy, welcome to the forum!! :th

i tried squid jerky but was not crazy about it! :) like sweet rubber! :)

have a great day, glen

#43 lasker31

lasker31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Fishing, Surfing, Climbing, Mycology and BJJ.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

Anyone try keeping squid alive in a tank for culinary purposes. I've seen the Japanese videos of squid in large tanks/pools. I wonder how long you can keep them alive and what the gallon to squid ratio needs to be.