1 reply to this topic

#1 Boy53

Boy53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hi ppl,

I'm from Sydney and I'm so addicted to squidding after catching my first squid. As a result, I just ordered Egi rod and reel from online. Right now, I'm using my soft plastic rod and 6lb line for squidding.

Before I go ahead to buy the line, can you guys give me some advice as I am very new to squidding? Below are some background.

- Reel is 2500
- Should i go with 6lb or 8lb line or 10lb?
- Squid jig size 1.8 - 2.5 now, will be buying 3.0 and 3.5 soon
- Mainly squidding around jetty and wharf. When my new egi rod and reel arrived, i'll be going for rock squidding as well.

If I use 10lb line, will I have any problem with casting 1.8 jig? Do you think i'll have problem with 6lb line + jig size 3.5 for rock squidding?

Please help :)

Thanks.

#2 INKA

INKA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Most types of angling;

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hey mate,
what you are talking about is fine tuning. You'll get away with most lines, however you did ask. Get a 4 carrier braid for best results as light as you are willing. 3.3kg egi specific line will be sweet for anything from 1.5 to 4.0 jigs. Any spool over a 100m will be plenty of braid. Most Egi line spools are around that anyway so you don't have to fork out for unecessary line you'll never see. Have fun. Cam

Hi ppl,

I'm from Sydney and I'm so addicted to squidding after catching my first squid. As a result, I just ordered Egi rod and reel from online. Right now, I'm using my soft plastic rod and 6lb line for squidding.

Before I go ahead to buy the line, can you guys give me some advice as I am very new to squidding? Below are some background.

- Reel is 2500
- Should i go with 6lb or 8lb line or 10lb?
- Squid jig size 1.8 - 2.5 now, will be buying 3.0 and 3.5 soon
- Mainly squidding around jetty and wharf. When my new egi rod and reel arrived, i'll be going for rock squidding as well.

If I use 10lb line, will I have any problem with casting 1.8 jig? Do you think i'll have problem with 6lb line + jig size 3.5 for rock squidding?

Please help :)

Thanks.