• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 barry

barry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

I live in Gig Harbor, where the closest place to fish is Jerisich Dock here in the harbor. Been down there a few times trying to bring in some squid with a flood light, underwater lighting.. Nothing works. Haven't seen 1 squid show up there. SOO, my typical location is down @ the hidden dock in PO.. The one @ the park & ride. I used to go there almost every night, talking to (names might be off a bit) Jim, Jacob Black and a few other regulars two years ago.. Anyway, since I've been out of work for the last 7 months, and, my incessant need to take friends fishing, letting said friends borrow jigs (then, they lose them or misplace them..) I'm now down to 2 jigs that are garbage, a few hooks i bought from Juicy Jigs a couple years ago, and some steel shanks. Due to funds, I am trying to find some household objects to create some unique jigs that work to keep me on the water.. Any ideas?

As for the work, I've started up my own company and been working relentlessly, trying to become somewhat successful, but it hasn't happened yet.. Gotta start somewhere!

P.S. Always looking for friendly faces @ the docks.. If you see me, I'm usually there with my kid (8 year old), or a friend.. I'm the guy that's usually down below on the small dock, with some homemade light or some other contraption, trying new things.. Come say "Hi!!"

#2 moonchickin

moonchickin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

You can ues straws for the body...put some glowball corkys on there..beads..weight it with hollowcore lead..