- - - - -

Seaford, VIC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fatboi_*

Guest_Fatboi_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

Hey guys, we went for our first floundering session this year at seaford. water was calm and not too cold, tide was out and moon was full.

We managed 3 flounder, 31cm, 30cm and a 25cm. and a shitload of sand crabs. I missed a good sized flathead and we saw lots of mullet and salmon, but they were waay too quik for us.

Looks to be a good season :) :)

there was another group of about 4 guys there floundering as well, they also picked up a good feed of crabs and actually managed to get a salmon.

ps i luuuuurve sand crabs!!!

#2 Jazman

Jazman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:55 AM

Gday fatboi, well done that's a great haul! the mullet and salmon are hard to hit, you just need to take your chances, and maybe you'll get 1 in 20?
Um, I'm not sure if you know, but it's actually illegal to take sand crabs from the intertidal zone of PPB (that's from the shoreline to 2m deep), so be careful.
Jaz

#3 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:23 PM

yes its definately illegal! unless you were wading in more than 2 metres of water! lol i get the impression that a lot of people don't realise this is the case.

#4 RX3-BOi

RX3-BOi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

maybe he was on stilts :P

#5 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:31 PM

yes stilts would be fine. maybe there would be a market in that rx3boi! i might go into production! lol glen :P

#6 RX3-BOi

RX3-BOi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:20 AM

:P ahaha 50/50 split profits. u can use it to pay for the site and i can use it to buy a wetsuit!! ahahah

#7 Guest_fatboi_*

Guest_fatboi_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:32 AM

oops, didnt realise it was actually illegal....in that case....i was on stilts :P

*hides from fisheries ppl*

#8 RX3-BOi

RX3-BOi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:44 PM

ahah grab yourself a copy of the rules n reg book from your local fish shop its free and has all thelastest info on fish sizes n regulations

#9 Steeny

Steeny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:02 AM

well, i know this topic is a little old, but i was down at seaford beach yesterday afternoon taking the dog for a swim. the water was beautiful and warm, and there was very little wind. looked like it would have made an excellent evening for floundering.

pity i dont have any gear and have never actually been floundering, else i would have been there in a flash :woot:

anyone been having any luck around the peninsula recently, i'm wondering whether i should pick up a light and a spear and start having a go..

#10 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

i would definately get a spear/light and give it a go...its really not that hard...only i would recommend using chest waders...i guess others do it in shorts and thongs but i don't want to get my toes bitten off by crabs etc! :woot: