• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mick

Mick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

If anyone is driving down Kororiot Creek road, Altona look out for the fish wholesaler next to tikis takeaway. He has a fully decked out serious squid boat out the front of the shop. It has a huge array of lights and double winch drums with jigs attached. Although I could not hope to copy the setup it is worth a look-especially the lighting which I am sure plays a big part in attracting squid.

Mick

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the tip Mick. I remember seeing a similar boat moored at Mornington Pier about a year ago but its been ages since I have seen any commercial squid fishing boats.

Sounds like maybe they are in altona for the arrow squid?

Cheers, Glen

#3 Mick

Mick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

Sounds like maybe they are in altona for the arrow squid?

Cheers, Glen

If I see him off St. Leonards pier I will not be happy

Mick :lol

#4 batman

batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

There was one just off flinders on Friday night

#5 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:49 AM

Was this the boat you saw at flinders? (click for photo)

http://www.squidfish...p?showtopic=824

Cheers, Glen

#6 batman

batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

i dont know if it was that one there but it had lot of light on it i am still a bit of a newb to squiding it was about 100m from the pier

#7 supersquid

supersquid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:squid fishing General fishing, cars boats camping. have fished for squid for over 35 years learning most of the secrets from my dad who was a remarkable squid fisho.I also enjoy fishing for garfish and King George Whiting

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:10 PM

Theres always a pro squid boat tied up in the boat harbour at Queenscliff, that is if its not out.If you go behind the abalone proccessing place its there 99 percent of the time It looks awesome with all those jigs on the barrels must be great pulling up squid of all sizes. They must also pull in the odd fish which latches onto a hooked squid ,Now that would be awesome to see :geek :geek