6 replies to this topic

#1 rohan

rohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:35 AM

Just checking in to make sure that all's been well during my winter hiatus. Now that the snow has melted and spring is now upon us, I will be back to my old spearing ways me old sea dogs.

I'll be spearing up a storm at the likes of flinders, rye back beach, portsea and mt martha so I'll see ye in the swell burley breath!

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:50 PM

if you want to track the water temperature this site is pretty handy -

http://www.earthsci....kins/temps.html

its still pretty cold!!!! :)

#3 supersquid

supersquid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:squid fishing General fishing, cars boats camping. have fished for squid for over 35 years learning most of the secrets from my dad who was a remarkable squid fisho.I also enjoy fishing for garfish and King George Whiting

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:44 PM

way too cold for spearfishing

Got me buggered how the Surfies get in the water at 7 in the morning in the middle of winter, not for this old squidder

#4 rohan

rohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

not too cold for the ro meister bro! I got a full length wetty and a full head cover that keeps me snug as a bug in a rug.

Looks like the old ab divings a thing of the past though - bastards! Its not the blokes that grab their 10 abs once in a while its the tossers that take a thousand thats destroying the fisheries.

#5 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:59 PM

Looks like the old ab divings a thing of the past though - bastards!  Its not the blokes that grab their 10 abs once in a while its the tossers that take a thousand thats destroying the fisheries.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it was Fisheries Victoria who ruined the fishery myself! Their decision to practically close the recreational fishery was totally unnecessary...

#6 loveit

loveit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

Just checking in to make sure that all's been well during my winter hiatus. Now that the snow has melted and spring is now upon us, I will be back to my old spearing ways me old sea dogs.

I'll be spearing up a storm at the likes of flinders, rye back beach, portsea and mt martha so I'll see ye in the swell burley breath!

look forward to seeing ya out there!
check out www.willyweather.com.au for tides etc its not bad.

see ya

#7 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

hi loveit, have you had any luck with the spearing lately?

cheers, glen