Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Up For Some Extreme Spearfishing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aok47

aok47

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Interests:Passionate about aviation and fishing.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

Found this on a greek website. The guy is a heartsurgeon.

13563_b.jpg

Chatting with a guy from work (an american) and he tells me that in the US there are freedivers that target big bluefin. Once speared they use the pull from the bluefin to plane their way up to the surface for air! :th :th :wh

Cheers

AK

#2 supersquid

supersquid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:squid fishing General fishing, cars boats camping. have fished for squid for over 35 years learning most of the secrets from my dad who was a remarkable squid fisho.I also enjoy fishing for garfish and King George Whiting

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

Thats awesome AOK and some serious stuff
Would love to see them in action

#3 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

i think i will practice on garfish ...they look much the same you know! haha :th

#4 AND1_HOTSAUCE

AND1_HOTSAUCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:SPEARFISHING AND DIVING

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:34 PM

I was looking at a book, "Underwater fishing in Australia" and some of these guys have huge kingfish, marlin and tuna! It also shows a picture of a guy with a dolphin fish which he speared 50km out off perth at F.A.D.S! Would any of you have the guts to spear that far out?

#5 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

I was looking at a book, "Underwater fishing in Australia" and some of these guys have huge kingfish, marlin and tuna! It also shows a picture of a guy with a dolphin fish which he speared 50km out off perth at F.A.D.S! Would any of you have the guts to spear that far out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a show on TV the other day about GREAT WHITE SHARKS and the encounters they have had with spear fisherman in Australian and Sth African waters ....all i can say is that a large kicking fish with lots of blood in the water is a sign to the Great White that dinner is ready! :th

#6 rohan

rohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:57 AM

I'm always up for some extreming sonny jim. :) :beer

#7 Mr_snapperman

Mr_snapperman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:10 PM

There is a mag called International Freediving. It is crammed with stories and photos of some unbelievable catches - Marlin, bluefin, spanish mackeral etc. For those interested check out http://www.diving-action.com