Port Phillip Bay - Eastern Shore

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I (crazily) went floundering last night in spite of the rain. It was nice and calm and the rain came and went but i could still spot some fish. I ended up catching 1 flounder and 1 flathead. I spotted 2 other flathead and another flounder but they ran away! (obviously very smart fish!)....also saw quite a few rays, banjo sharks and crabs and some tiny garfish. Saw one or two mullet. It was a very low tide last night so I could walk along the outer sandbar. I didn't see any squid.

Cheers, Glen :)

#2 Jazman

Jazman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:01 AM

Woohoo! Well done Glen, it's never crazy if you get fish. :)

#3 beno1

beno1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:48 PM

Woohoo!  Well done Glen, it's never crazy if you get fish. :th

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glen

I have only been floundering down around Port Welsh pool. Do you know any good area's for floundering along Frankston, mornington, Drama? :th

#4 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

you can pretty much go anywhere along the eastern (or western) side of the bay...it seems to get good down around blairgowrie but i am sure it is not necessary to drive that far :th

#5 new found

new found

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:basketball. fishing, seeing my mates, going to the gym<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

iv seen a few people down franston and mornington having a go. never tryed it myself though

#6 rcoyt

rcoyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

you can pretty much go anywhere along the eastern (or western) side of the bay...it seems to get good down around blairgowrie but i am sure it is not necessary to drive that far :th

Hi mate,

how about mordialloc, chelsea would you get some there.?

#7 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

i have tried at chelsea. the water is a little on the deep side but you can still catch fish there. i caught more garfish than anything else.