Scuba Diving With Giant Squid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

"Red Demon" Giant Squids of Mexico
Jaguars of the Oceans

Giant Squid (Dosidicus gigas) otherwise known as Red Demon squids in Mexico. Growing up to seven feet long, 150+ pounds and occasionally bigger—possibly much bigger these are the pinnacle predator of the ocean. An apex predator that even sharks stay clear of.

Shark Diver has teamed up with two legendary Giant Squid experts, divers who have spent more time in the water with these magnificent animals than any other divers on the planet Scott Cassell & Dale Pearson of Sea Wolf Unlimited. They have recently finished several documentaries about these unique predators including "Dancing with Demons".

Dive groups are limited to 4 divers per group. Divers must have at least 200 dives to participate and be currently certified. Giant squid dives will include three days in the water and two days of travel.

For more info see the following page - Link

2006 Dates
5 day expeditions (Four divers max)
• June 25-29
• July 2-6
• July 9-13

Inclusive pricing: $2200 per person

#2 poodge

poodge

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:anything to do with catching fish, music, basketball and drumming.

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:12 AM

wow, that sounds pretty cool. i dont think i would go though even if it was free. :P yeah umm.. wat i get mistaken for a giant jig? :blink:
pj :)
happy fishing,
pj