Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squid in BC? Help please!
Hello! Ive always wanted to go squid fishing. I have seen that a lot of people catch tons of squid in Washington but I live around Vancouver and was wondering if there is anyone that could tell me where and when I could catch some squid. I have recently bought a few squid jigs/lures off Amazon and I am heading up around Bowen island and was wondering if there is anywhere I could go to fish for squid. Please, if you live near here, join!
(04-08-2023, 01:29 PM)Jewskers Wrote: Hello! Ive always wanted to go squid fishing. I have seen that a lot of people catch tons of squid in Washington but I live around Vancouver and was wondering if there is anyone that could tell me where and when I could catch some squid. I have recently bought a few squid jigs/lures off Amazon and I am heading up around Bowen island and was wondering if there is anywhere I could go to fish for squid. Please, if you live near here, join!

Your best bets gonna be coming down south. Know lots of people who live in BC/Whatcom they all drive down and fish Edmonds or Seattle. Before coming down try to set up a time to meet with one of our local jig makers or hit up one of the fishing shops and pick up some jigs as the prawn style commercial ones don't work well locally.