Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Question - How To Set Up Line Using Squid Jig?
[quote name='rocksy' post='18918' date='May 4 2010, 01:51 AM']Are you using to fillets as a skin on the jigs or is that a fish with a skewer through it?

Awesome size on that, would they be a 2-3 kilo job?

Did you find out if they are the Veined squid or not?

For some reason those arrows remind me of Pepe from the muppets [Image: pepe.jpg][/quote]

Skins on jigs at the moment. We have had success on a whole sprat, with hooks salvaged from a smashed jig. But we lack decent ultra sharp hooks here in the UK, and the ones on needles are ridiculously long, even a whole sardine looks silly on it. Need some five inch spears with hooks attached I think..,......

I think we are finding two squid here - Loliglo Forbesi, the bigger ones, and these feed better in gloomy daylight. And loliglo Vulagaris, a small squid which seems to feed happily under the floodlight. This one I didnt weigh, but it was half the size of one that chased the afforementioned silly long spear with a sardine on it across the surface a week or so ago. It was litterally shooting its tentacles at the bait, but they didnt hook up. Huge!! A commercial bass angling friend recently boated one of 4.8 kilos on the wrecks, and lost a bigger one at the boat!!!!!!!
[center]www.Fishyrob.co.uk[/center]

[center]Diary of an obsessed Angler[/center]