Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Luck First Afternoon Out With New Jig
g'day all, over the weekend i finally got a chance to take out the yo-zuri shrimp hunter, was working it with my soft plastics rod, but unfortunetly no success, it was an area that i have seen squid caught before, sunny arvo, minimal wind, was a little p'd but thats fishing, gonna invest in a few more jigs this week so i got 4 different colours, anyone fish with 2 rods when squiding? ie one rod in hand flicking squid jigs the other out there with a baited jig under a float with a pilly? on a decent note though picked up 2 decent size salmon well over 2kgs each and a just legal flathead off the beach the other night, which cooked up very well with some lemon, oil, onions, tomato and garlic salt cooked whole... heres a pic

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='keithy351' post='17565' date='Feb 15 2010, 06:48 PM']g'day all, over the weekend i finally got a chance to take out the yo-zuri shrimp hunter, was working it with my soft plastics rod, but unfortunetly no success, it was an area that i have seen squid caught before, sunny arvo, minimal wind, was a little p'd but thats fishing, gonna invest in a few more jigs this week so i got 4 different colours, anyone fish with 2 rods when squiding? ie one rod in hand flicking squid jigs the other out there with a baited jig under a float with a pilly? on a decent note though picked up 2 decent size salmon well over 2kgs each and a just legal flathead off the beach the other night, which cooked up very well with some lemon, oil, onions, tomato and garlic salt cooked whole... heres a pic[/quote]

Are u sure theyre salmon? They look like tailor to me. Nice catch regardless...
[quote name='the chief' post='17566' date='Feb 15 2010, 11:50 PM']Are u sure theyre salmon? They look like tailor to me. Nice catch regardless...[/quote]

haha yeh they look like tailor in the pic but they have the greeny colour along the top of them like all salmon usually do,plus they have been scaled and gutted in the pic, when the scales came off it made em look silvery but defiently salmon... thanks btw

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Luck On First Two Misses... vernonsmith 10 4,835 14-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Last Post: vernonsmith
  Squidding In The Afternoon ? Joseph Loh Joo Guan 4 9,564 11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bluewaterhunter