Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial Squid Fishing
Hello guys.

I need to know what brand and model fish finder & sonar can detect squids?

Thanks
i have used a Raymarine E120 with 3kw tranducer, however the Furuno units are also very good.

a lot depends on your budget

hope this helps, you could write a book on the subject
[quote name='fish'n'chippy' post='16995' date='Dec 5 2009, 11:14 AM']i have used a Raymarine E120 with 3kw tranducer, however the Furuno units are also very good.

hope this helps, you could write a book on the subject[/quote]

Dear Verdana.

Thanks for your recomendition. There is a Fruno saling spots arround city that I am living so what model of Furuno

device is best for my need.

Best wishess

savut
[quote name='fish'n'chippy' post='16995' date='Dec 5 2009, 11:14 AM']i have used a Raymarine E120 with 3kw tranducer, however the Furuno units are also very good.

hope this helps, you could write a book on the subject[/quote]

Also could you please inform me about commercial squid jigs. what colour jig is the best on different weather condiditons?

All the best

savut
savut,

i am not a commercial squid fisherman

i have skippered gamefishing boats fishing for blue marlin on the gold coast, australia

one of the foods for these marlin are squid

i have been able to detect and track schools of squid in 200fathoms moving up towards the surface and the marlin feeding on these squid at 50fathoms

you will need to talk to the sales people to find out what model you need to suit where you are

sorry i can't be more help
I own a Raymarine HD Fish Finder great unit except when it comes to repairs, Garmin and Raymarine charge a flat fee of $450.00, local techies can't even open them up, unit must be shipped back to factory.
I use a triple hook threaded onto a 6/0 (unweighted or minimal weight)

Tie a small piece of kahawai onto the 6/0 hook (just flesh)

Cast out as far as you can. As soon as it hits the water flick the leaver and let it slowly drift back under the yak

I use the triple and 6/0 as i have found I get a better hook up rate than with the bought lures

Sometimes I add a flashing light as below - slide a triple on and add a little weight

Make sure you are fully clothed as they can remove your skin fairly quick

A quick stab between the eyes kills them quick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to buy a commercial squid license Bill0592 0 2,821 25-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Bill0592
  Commercial squid fishing gear Guest 20 69,056 27-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Mossy
  Commercial Squid Fisher for Food network Show ttrojian 0 4,598 06-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Last Post: ttrojian