Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flurocarbon size
Hi I've been using 12lb fluro for my leader but when I get snagged and pull it's not enough to straighten the jig prongs and I lose the jig. I'm thinking of going to 20lb fluro leader so if I get snagged ant then pull hopefully the prongs will straighten and I'll recover my jig  or even using 25lb flluroline as I have plenty of this coz I use it for bottom bashing.

Any thoughts??

cheers

Richard

Quote:Hi I've been using 12lb fluro for my leader but when I get snagged and pull it's not enough to straighten the jig prongs and I lose the jig. I'm thinking of going to 20lb fluro leader so if I get snagged ant then pull hopefully the prongs will straighten and I'll recover my jig  or even using 25lb flluroline as I have plenty of this coz I use it for bottom bashing.

Any thoughts??

cheers

Richard

Personally, I use 12lb too. I use the Berkley fluorocarbon line. it's called Berkley vanish. It works well. It comes in a big roll and is reasonable in cost. 

I've been squid fishing for about 6 years. I somehow have never lost a jig..... I don't know how. I go squid fishing a lot. I've lost every other type of lure imaginable. I'm just really neurotic about not letting it sit on the bottom. I'm actually plus a few jigs as I've reeled in lost jigs that got tangled with my squid hook.

Squid have good eyesight. I feel anything other 15lb might be overkill. Unless of course you are fishing for bigger squid. I fish for squid in New England. The size is pretty small.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Is The Weight Of Size 2.0 And Size 2.5 Squid Jigs ? Joseph Loh Joo Guan 1 5,678 16-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Last Post: namyau