Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawkesbury River, NSW
Hello all

this is my first post ad new to squidding. ive never tried it before actually and was hoping soe of you have caught squid in the hawkesbury river and would like to share some spots or secrets. When i go fishing i sometimes stop off in jerusalem bay for some bait fish, has anyone caught squid in this area?

Thanks for reading...
[quote name='benson' post='15232' date='May 16 2009, 08:50 PM']Hello all

this is my first post ad new to squidding. ive never tried it before actually and was hoping soe of you have caught squid in the hawkesbury river and would like to share some spots or secrets. When i go fishing i sometimes stop off in jerusalem bay for some bait fish, has anyone caught squid in this area?

Thanks for reading...[/quote]

Hi all

I have gone out on sunday on the hawesbury and threw a few jigs out at bobbin head and flint and steele - no luch for squid. Have you tried these areas for sqid and have you had any luck?
benson,Jerusalem Bay should hold squid but the water must be clear and wind minimal. Look for seagrass beds 1-2m deep on high tide at dawn & dusk

Bobbin Head is not much good but Flint & Steel or inside Barrenjoey Head over Kelp beds should produce. Try and retrieve your jig as slowly as you can while still keeping it off the bottom.
K F