Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First year squiding from a boat out of Falmouth
This looks like a great site !!!  My friend just picked up an old center console and we want to go squidding this spring. Not looking for anyones honey holes but would like to get any basic info on where to start.  I know it is better nite fishing from docks but is it better at night from a boat as well ?.  We are going out of Falmouth, is there any depth or structure to look for that would hold them or do you just cruise around until you mark them on the fish finder ?. We will be using basic hi-lo rigs with yozuri jigs. Thanks in advance for any help, in return I will post any trips to help others know what worked and what didn't. Thanks again.

Hi Bobsea,

If you're heading from Falmouth go east start jigging at

contuit, oysterville up to Hyannis, keeping a couple of miles

From the shoreline. Chances are you will see us out there many boats will be out

There as well. If you happen not to see any one you may not be be there at the right time.

First squid run of the year could start any time in mid April to mid June it's only typically last one to 2 weeks. That's When they're hot and heavy. Here are some jiggs that I've used with success    

Good lucks,
Those jigs look so good I could eat one myself!! Actually I have found the Yamashita Naori 1.8B to outfish those larger Yo-Zuris all the time but it could just be my style of fishing.

Hey man,

I was just talking to a friend in East Falmouth about coming down around the time the squid are in, If you have room for one more, I can help you get into them and when we do come back with buckets and buckets with my "special" technique.

I'd say head out of woods hole.

DrCiro

Thanks for the info Squidfox , hopefully I will get the chance to post some reports next month. DrCiro, I will run this past my friend...his boat so I can't do the inviting but I'll talk to him. He will be trailering all the way from NewHampshire to fish so I really want to put him on the squid. I am tying up some standard high-Lo rigs on 15lb test fluorocarbon line. I guess we will cruise from Cotuit to Hyannis while watching for the fleet. Not even sure if they show on fishfinders but will be watching for them as we go.

Did anybody of you using underwater fishing light? Its very efficient if you attract them with light.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Falmouth Squid Reports 2006 glen 3 7,161 01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Last Post: dan7077