Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Florida East Coast
I live in Northeast Florida on the northernmost island (Amelia). Our weather is chilly this time of year, with the water temperature being between 55 and 60 degrees Farenheit. I live on a sailboat in a marina, so I can fish for squid in the Amelia River or the Atlantic Ocean.

My wife and I love squid, and I would like to catch some locally.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Get yourself some good spot lights and shine it in the water at night to attract and keep the squid by the boat. Once you get on a school of squid it should be easy pickings. Use a light rod and reel with a squid jig and have fun.
Thanks so much, Ivan T! We cannot wait to get started!

Any suggestions as to make and color of jigs we should use? The water is somewhat murky here all year 'round (not clear, as it is in the Keys), with it being the clearest at slack high tide.
[quote name='Sailorchef' post='13262' date='Dec 11 2008, 05:04 AM']Thanks so much, Ivan T! We cannot wait to get started!

Any suggestions as to make and color of jigs we should use? The water is somewhat murky here all year 'round (not clear, as it is in the Keys), with it being the clearest at slack high tide.[/quote]

The HOT color in Florida from the my customers that I talk to is PINK. Usually the smallest jigs working the best.

Jon
[url="http://www.squidjig.com"]WWW.SQUIDJIG.COM [/url] [color="red"]Seattle, Washington, USA[/color]

[color="blue"]Home of the World Famous Martinetti Squid Jigs[/color]
Agree. Pink or any other dark color shoud be good.
My husband and I have been looking for somewhere to fish for squid in Pensacola area. Any suggestions as to where and the time of the year?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  East End Canal New Lights Anthony0803 0 1,891 02-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Anthony0803
  Florida Squid Fishing Guest 32 56,910 27-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Last Post: MODWHEELMOOD
  Florida - Miami To Boca Raton South Florida Squidhunter 2 7,750 16-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Last Post: glen