Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Can I Catch Squid
I am new to England just moving here from Canada last Feb. I got excited to find out that you can catch squid here. By luck I have only fished for squid one season as we don't normally get squid in Nova Scotia. I have only ever seen them once and they were there by the millions. It was in the same year as el-nino. I absolutely loved it and would love to do it again.

I live in Warrington just outdise Manchester. Where is the closest place I can catch them and what time of year.

Louise
[quote name='Princess Louise' post='9838' date='Jan 30 2008, 12:28 PM']I am new to England just moving here from Canada last Feb. I got excited to find out that you can catch squid here. By luck I have only fished for squid one season as we don't normally get squid in Nova Scotia. I have only ever seen them once and they were there by the millions. It was in the same year as el-nino. I absolutely loved it and would love to do it again.

I live in Warrington just outdise Manchester. Where is the closest place I can catch them and what time of year.

Louise[/quote]

I think you will be looking to take a trip down to the South Coast Louise. There are squid around late autumn in Weymouth, Dorset, and over the next few weeks we will expect to see them down here in Brighton, East Sussex. Its very possible that they exist further up North, but not many people fish for them as such!
[center]www.Fishyrob.co.uk[/center]

[center]Diary of an obsessed Angler[/center]