Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misawa Japan
Hello there,

I have lived here for awhile now and still haven't found a really good spot to fish the pleases me. I know of a few areas but the fish are small. I have heard that there are spanish that run thru here at a certain time of year but haven't seen anyone catch one. I would like to find a spot to catch Sea Bass. I know of a couple little ponds to catch fresh bass and i fish the port alot in the summer months. Does anyone know if the surf is anygood for fishing? I love fishing and go all the time. Please reply if you have some info or want to plan a trip.

~Stromboli
~Stromboli
Misawa is a relatively small town that hosts a Japanese joint military base. For the traveller, this means the hotels are relatively cheap, English is spoken, and dollars may well be accepted. This makes Misawa a good base from which to explore northern Honshu. Misawa itself isn't remarkable. Shops and malls line "Green Pole" Street outside the main gate of Misawa Air Base. Green Pole is named for the poles that line awning-covered sidewalks, which are no longer green but old traditions die hard. Misawa does have a decent rail terminal and, since Japan has an excellent rail network, this can be used to reach much of the surrounding area.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Misawa Port, Aomori, Honshu - Japan glen 11 23,630 21-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kgakoh0
  Did Everyone Quit Fishing Misawa Area? partimefisher 2 6,220 22-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Last Post: glen