Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights
Hi guys yeah i know its here but after searching i cannot find it so it may have been moved to old posts, does any commercial guys here use lighting and if so any tips or ideas on what systems to use or how to make them DIY , i have a 24ft boat with approx 15ft of deck space and we are a crew of 2 planning on looking into the Squid fisheries sector in Cornwall..Many Thanks in advance...sheep
[quote name='sheep' post='8080' date='Jan 30 2007, 04:06 AM']Hi guys yeah i know its here but after searching i cannot find it so it may have been moved to old posts, does any commercial guys here use lighting and if so any tips or ideas on what systems to use or how to make them DIY , i have a 24ft boat with approx 15ft of deck space and we are a crew of 2 planning on looking into the Squid fisheries sector in Cornwall..Many Thanks in advance...sheep[/quote]

Hello Sheep

What I would recommend is getting something similar to a Parking Lot light fixture, so that it is sealed to the weather. The type of light you will want is called "Metal Halide", probably about 400 watts (puts out a lot of light, same type as the asian squid fishing fleets). You can run this with a small generator. Hang it off the bow of your boat from a pole, that should allow you to attract the squid well, and then be able to fish off the sides of your boat.

Good Luck!!!
[url="http://www.squidjig.com"]WWW.SQUIDJIG.COM [/url] [color="red"]Seattle, Washington, USA[/color]

[color="blue"]Home of the World Famous Martinetti Squid Jigs[/color]