Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Portable Generators?
So 2014 was my first year and aside from one trip on Frances Fleet I jigged from a pier. I used a coleman lantern I hung as close to the water as possible without getting wet and/or hung a dive light into the water. After fishing next to guys who brought little portable generators running a bright shoplight it was evident what a difference it made in bringing the squid in/up. They not only caught more squid but the one time a nice gentleman invited me to fish next to him and his light I caught more squid.

I love eating fresh squid and I'm up for making the investment of picking up a small portable generator. After looking online it seems theirs alot of choices and I did see one guy last year spend a good hour trying to get his running (I saw him use  it a week earlier with no problems).

I was hoping to hear some of your inputs and experiences with gennies and I'm not opposed to running a submersible light off a car battery its just I haven't seen anyone do it from shore yet.

Thanks in advance.

Honda although very pricey is the best by far.   Some places don't allow generators (Salem Willows)

I use both, a underwater light that runs on jump starter is the easiest to set up/use.  Sometimes one

works better than the other and sometimes no light at all is the ticket.  Check back last spring and

theres some posts on the subect, I know I have some.   Do a search.  It does help to know where you

plan to squid as areas fish differently.

Yeah, Janz is right that honda provides the best products. If you are looking to buy a branded portable Genset then I would like to recommend honda generator 3000. It comes with all essential features that you need.

Harbour Freight. 87 bucks if you catch the sale. Gas, small 900watts (700watts really) 500 watts halo and a LED is perfect.
I use a 12 volt power unit that has an inverter built in.  I picked it up for less than $100 on Amazon.  I use both a led underwater light that plugs into the cigarette lighter plug of the unit and a led work light above the water that can run on 120 AC or 12 volt DC.  Get more hours out of it than I would want to fish and get peace and quiet.

I use a 12 VDC 200A car battery and a 50W underwater LED.

Max I catches 52Kg/Night. Complete lamp with dimmer cost me USD 175

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Kd47L...cslist_api

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yozuri Mini.. Anyone try? greg ct 7 3,392 24-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Last Post: wonkman