Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Noarlunga, Sa
Hi all,

Newbie here... I live in-between Noarlunga and Brighton to plan to visit both Jetty's regularly.. Recently went to Wallaroo and on a whim got three squid Jags which are Tsunami Pro.. apparently the UV helps these as well.

What kinda of jags get the best result from Noarlunga and Brighton ?
hey super_nerdy,

honestly it does not matter what jigs you have on.. my mate who uses yo zuri jigs catch less than me.. i use some jigs i bought 4 for $10 jigs at Rays outdoor. There's this really bright red one that works really well! it allowed me to score my PB.

I squid at Brighton mostly.. and i'm loving it. Sometimes we get a good haul and sometimes we don't.. its a hit and miss most of the time

There aren't many people that come onto this forum but maybe you'll see me at brighton jetty one day - i'm the chick wearing a cap that looks like a duck! Big Grin

This is my PB squid below.

Hey Guys I will give Brighton another go,I only went once at night and it was too crowded and windy so I went to Porties and found it empty and dead still that same night ,then ended up with 5 squid. Porties has been pretty dry as of late but a couple of weeks ago it was excellent.The jag colour is easily answered in that ''if the squid aint there it doesnt matter what your jag colour is!'' lately even boaties are havin trouble gettin squid they're telling me.
yo Brighton was good I got four good sizers but the jetty was really criss crossed with lines of floats with tommies on a umbrella jag,the regulars said I did ok for a first timer but technically I was the only one casting out and retrieving,dont some of these people know its a 2 rod per person limit not.......6!!!! Anyway I pulled 9 at porties a few days later and was well chuffed.
Gonna have to hit up Brighton again with you Clubby bought a few new Daiwa Squid Jags i wanna try out.
aaaah Daiwa jigs I'm keen for Brighton anytime after the dodge tide and keen to see how those jigs perform ,checked out porties this evenin a bit too blowy a bit too choppy and only two squid caught but still kinda fun,I got to try out my heavier and less favoured jigs.Don't know if squids been caught of late because the ink stains on the jetty were't visible,but still keen to give the morning shift ago again and will give a report.
Yea im down for a morning shift soon mate
Cheers mate I will be keen for another Porties or Brighton session the colds here so rug up when your out dude.
Had a morning session and scored three nice sizers in the deeper parts a bloke near me also pulled a cuttle and squid till it got way too windy,Yamashitas all the way today in the over cast conditions.
Porties still rocks people I scored 10 yesterday and six the day before that!
Is anything happening on any metro jetties lately??

Porties has been very very slow lately,hard work to pull a feed.Fish have also been hard to catch try squiddin at sunrise mate just past the steeps on the right.Hope you do ok

They seem to be back at long last

Just joined forum hey all.. squid at porties a bit... bit slow at times tend to head further south myself or bight the bullet and few of us head to yorkes guarantee a good feed.. ;-)
Hi all, heading out porties jetty for a bit 4pm till 8pm hoping to get something because the weather today has been fantastic clear sky calm ocean, no rain or wind. I only fish porties for bait fish to use on my local estuarine river the onkaparinga. But recently I have not been fishing for a couple of months so planning to go out for some tasty squid to use as bait and of course dinner! Keep you updated.
Few squid getting around Port Noarlunga at the moment. 

Even better, you can now crab from the jetty!! Was banned for a long time, but they've allowed it again. 

Remember you cant keep all of the squid happy all of the time, only some of the squid some of the time...