Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me with rod and PE Line
 Hello from Greece,

My name is Theodoros and I want ot buy an EGI Rod. But I want your help before I was do it.

I want to help me to buy an Eging Rod and an Eging Super PE Line.

First of all.

I was fishing squid for many years and I was use my spinning rod CROSTAGE HARD ROCK CRS-762M/S  but I was see in Japan  use special rod for squid fishing, and I want to try this me to. But What different have this Eging Rod from other spinning rods?? What make them special for squid fishing?? I can use them and for lure fishing??

I want to help me to buy an Egi rod. The Egi size I most use is 2.5 sometimes I was use 3.0 and in very very special time I will use 3.5. The most of squid jig I have is at 90% 2.5 Egi size. The length of the rod that I prefer to use it will be between 2.40m and 2.60m no more from 2.60meters it was too long for me, the best I believe it will be at 2.50meter.

And the Other question is about Eging Super PE line. In squid Fishing I was use monofilament line because it was sinking and give me pliancy , elasticity  to avoid tearing the tentacles of squid. Many times I did use the common spinning PE Braid Line problem I had was that the PE Braid Line was floating and not allow the jig to sink and move correctly, but also if I had forthwith nailing many times I could not make the whole squid but only a piece of its tentacles.

My question is has something different one Eging Super PE line???

I was find some rods in the market in my buget and i want your help.

Does anyone use one of this.

DAIWA E-Gee(OUTGUIDE MODEL)83M-F

CROSTAGE SENSITIVE CUSTOM CRJ-782SC

MajorCraft SKY-ROAD SKR-832EL (EGING Category)

Major Craft Zaltz Eging ZAT-792E

Wich of this did you sugest me???

And what about this PE Line
UNITIKA EGING SUPER PE II 

I would like to thank you in advance for your time and for your help.

Best Regards from Greece,

Theodoros

Knowone can help me?????

Unitika line you have mention is the line I use for my squid fishing it is really good line and for the rod the major craft zaltzs is the rod I would buy out of the ones you have listed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Squid rod dilemma custom made or Japanese Rod Tommy Truong 2 5,316 08-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Tommy Truong
  Squid Fishing Line Manufacturers glen 10 27,218 18-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Last Post: slayer666
  What Line Do You Use For Squid Fishing? Nautilusly 1 7,904 22-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Last Post: rzep