Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Calamari Wrestler - The Movie!
I came across this odd movie accidentally while looking for fishing reports!...i haven't seen this film but it may be good for a laugh! Here is an exert from a longer article [url="http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=60050"]here[/url]:

Quote:The Calamari Wrestler

There haven't been many wrestling movies that have been worth shouting about, aside from Kim Ji-wun's The Foul King, at least not to my mind. It's refreshing although slightly mental that we now have another to add to the list of crazy sports flicks worth pursuing.

The film opens on a wrestling bout between Koji Taguchi (Osamu Nishimura) and "Crush Volcano". When Taguchi defeats his opponent with his special move (the "Torture Ring Strangler") he becomes the new champion. Just as he raises the belt in the air to celebrate an unknown wrestler leaps into the ring and snatches it away from him. The crowd goes wild at the sight of none other than a giant squid who proceeds to grapple a tired Taguchi. By using the "Northern Light Suplex" the squid defeats Taguchi and becomes the talk of the town.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How ya goin Glen

Just when you thought you had seen it all along comes this movie, who else but the Japanese could think up a story like this.

The Calamari Wrestler? should be a good movie to watch before going out squdding, I can just see myself putting a full nelson or a sleeper hold on a squid or maybe even a flying elbow to the midsection LOL

Should be a good movie the Japanese have a warped sense of humour.