Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green snap light
I am going fishing tonight and i am thinking of putting a green snap light near the end of the pink jig.

Will this make a difference or am i wasting my time?

manny.
hey manny.. i tryd that befor it worked alright for me...
[quote name='new found' date='Dec 3 2005, 04:32 PM']hey manny.. i tryd that befor it worked alright for me...

[right][post="5769"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i tried the lure with the light, it was hopeless due to the fact that it was windie and could not see a thing. What a waist of time!!!!!!!
[quote name='manny' date='Dec 7 2005, 08:36 PM']i tried the lure with the light, it was hopeless due to the fact that it was windie and could not see a thing. What a waist of time!!!!!!!

[right][post="5780"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Manny if it was windy the squid where most probably either down deep or in the shallows and if the water was discolored from the rough weather then the light definately wasnt a waste of time

Next time try fishing down deep with a small sinker attached to a leader or try fishing the shallows BTW where did you go
[quote name='supersquid' date='Dec 8 2005, 12:41 AM']Manny if it was windy the squid where most probably either down deep or in the shallows and if the water was discolored from the rough weather then the light definately wasnt a waste of time 

Next time try fishing down deep with a small sinker attached to a leader or try fishing the shallows BTW where did you go

[right][post="5782"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I went to a place called woodmans point,supposed to be good for squid, but i got nothing nor did any one else.

i had a pink jig and a blue one but got nothing, in the shallows you say? well i have to try that see what happens!!

How close to the shallows?

and what size sinker?

how far from the jig?

As u can see i am pretty new at this!!!

Any help would be appreciated.
[quote name='manny' date='Dec 8 2005, 01:56 AM']I went to a place called woodmans point,supposed to be good for squid, but i got nothing nor did any one else.

i had a pink jig and a blue one but got nothing, in the shallows you say? well i have to try that see what happens!!

How close to the shallows?

and what size sinker?

how far from the jig?

As u can see i am pretty new at this!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

[right][post="5783"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Manny

Ive caught squid in six inches of water so when I say shallow anywhere between six inches and three feet of water

A small ball sinker or tear drop sinker about six to ten inches below the jig on a leader is enough the sinker will drag along the bottom while the jig will sit deep but not get snagged

You said you fished Woodmans Point, I take thats in WA, Im in Victoria and you should spend a bit of time talking and watching the locals as squid fishing can vary from place to place, there are techniques that work well in xome place but not in others, the method I explained with the sinker works well in some parts of the bay here but not so well in others.

Another thing is to get a few more colors in your jig collection and some baited jigs as well.

Sometime I have found that the most obscure colored jig will produce the goods I have a jig that is about 4 cm long and is clear with a flash of red through it and it produced the goods when nothing else did and on the other hand I have caught squid on a stick that was painted white with a few hooks wired to it.

If you know they are around and your not getting any bites chop and change your jigs and try to fish with two rods with different jigs attached and change you jigs every half hour or so if you see others catching and your not

If I can help you in any other way please feel free to ask

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Green Garfish Squid Jig flashdancer 6 8,489 24-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Last Post: glen
  Squid Jigs And Snap Clips slayer666 5 10,698 11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Last Post: catchnrelease