Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonington, CT 2014 Squid Season
You heading out this weekend George?
46 in 2.5 hours last night in Stonington.
Awesome!  I checked things out Monday night around 10pm and it was really slow.  Guess the bite was happening at a different time and place.

Coming up from Norwalk, can anybody recommend a place in Stonington? I was considering Mason Is. as well.  Looks like the action can get started around 6 with the tide, would be my guess.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I was out Saturday night, Nothing, no one had anything-everyone gave up about 11:00 or so.

It was good to see my friend Squiddy-Eyed Pete (aka Squid D. Licious)

Did we miss the season?

Heading out in the Mystic-Stonington Area tonight with another guy.

I'll be in a 17ft white Pointer with a generator & Halogen worklight.

Come say Hi if you see me!

Hopefully there are still some squid around.

I made a couple trips to Newport last week and had decent luck from the GI bridge.
No Luck Last night in Mystic. Fished up near the Drawbridge and N of the railroad bridge. Maybe I was fishing too far north. Thinking it might be better closer to Fisher's Island.

I've tried three times now at the docks, forgotten which days exactly. Been skunked all three times. Nobody was really there when I was either, I'm at the public access right near the fishing fleet... this is the right place... right? Tongue

Been to Newport 3 times and caught about 40 total, so I have a rudimentary idea how to catch them, but no love in the STN. Anyone going soon?

Anyone been lately?
Anyone catching?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stonington, CT 2018 Squidders Unite! RustyMorr 19 5,565 08-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: JANZ
  Newport Ri 2014 Squid Season glen 385 82,064 02-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Last Post: glen
  Cape Breton, NS 2014 cbsquid 4 2,092 15-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Last Post: sodabiscuit12345