Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone, I am from Indonesia
Hi everyone,

After reading this web, i think this is a great site.

I am new to squid fishing, but i am almost going to start a squid fishing/catching business in Jakarta.

People here are using jigs and nets for catching squids for commercial purpose.

I have bought a fishing boat (28 meters x 8 meters). The boat normally out in the sea for 90 days and it travels from Jakarta to Pontianak (3 days cruising), to east Indonesia (5 days cruising), and few other area where the squids a plenty.

Are there any equipment that I can buy that can tell you where a big school squid is occurring, so me or the boat's captain can direct the boat to that predetermine area? The equipment can be fitted in my boat or in my office in Jakarta )

And is there any satelite data or any commercial company specialized in selling information on where to head for better change of a good harvest?

Thx,

Tj

I remember talking to group of guys who was catching squid as big as 7 feet. the chat was in Indonesia forum.

I wanted to go but the place is so far from airport.

Quote:Hi everyone,

After reading this web, i think this is a great site.

I am new to squid fishing, but i am almost going to start a squid fishing/catching business in Jakarta.

People here are using jigs and nets for catching squids for commercial purpose.

I have bought a fishing boat (28 meters x 8 meters). The boat normally out in the sea for 90 days and it travels from Jakarta to Pontianak (3 days cruising), to east Indonesia (5 days cruising), and few other area where the squids a plenty.

Are there any equipment that I can buy that can tell you where a big school squid is occurring, so me or the boat's captain can direct the boat to that predetermine area? The equipment can be fitted in my boat or in my office in Jakarta )

And is there any satelite data or any commercial company specialized in selling information on where to head for better change of a good harvest?

Thx,

Tj
Hello Tj,

I am happy to see you here, my Aunt has a factory to make squid jigs in China, if you can contact me , it is better , my phone 18675520665 , fishingaccessory@163.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie From Indonesia Ichang 3 4,868 26-11-2008, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Ichang