Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton pier and surrounds - VIC
Hello,

How have you been?

i went down to brighton with a guy that works at bcf and WOW..........

Im talking 1kg and bigger. the big ones hang around the darker water just outside where the light shines and loved the natural look garfish and bluebat yamashita.

Beaumaris they seem to be getting smaller, i have only been fishing there sunrise, but they love the red, pink jigs.

How have you been going?

Mason
which guy? his name Ads or something?

I havent fished Beauy for a little while, i fished mt martha the other day adn got one for 3 or 4 hooked.

Went to blairgowie pier this morning while it was raining on high tide, got 5 hooked, 4 caught, 1 kept. really overcast but it was a south westerly and it was calm... could see them chasing and there were dozens of them.

All fell victim to my new secret weapon... Yo-Zuri AORI-Q RS 3.0-KVPA

[Image: AORI-Q-RS-KVPA.jpg]

I'm pretty keen for a fish with you at some point soon, maybe i'll tag along with you and BCF guy.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Gotcha. Cat in the furnace.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
just went down to Beaumaris for a quick cast, caught one good size squid 27cm tube and a couple of the local pier mafia i was talking too got 4 or 5 between them, biggest was around 35cm tube.

Rising tide, going dark, bit of wind but clean water.

The jig above got mine, and the other were caught on 2.5 Harimitsu's red/orange
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
hello,

went down to beaumaris saturday, WAY TO WINDY!!!

but there was about 5 guys throwing jigs around. i left after about an hour. do you get the complete angler fishing report?

had some new jigs in it..

im thinking of having a go thursday night at brighton pier?

what site do you use to check wind and so on? i have used one called seabrez.

mason
yeah i like that one too:

[url="http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/vic.asp"]http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/vic.asp[/url]
Grabbed my first 1kg squid from Beaumaris today, that's a size 3 Yamashita Scadfish in it's gob.

[Image: photo-4.jpg]

[Image: photo-5.jpg]
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

[quote name='rocksy' post='18040' date='Mar 31 2010, 06:27 PM']Grabbed my first 1kg squid from Beaumaris today, that's a size 3 Yamashita Scadfish in it's gob.[/quote]

Hi Guys,

Very nice Rocksy,

Those one kilo ones are grouse fun and they make your heart stop with their tug tug tug...

I have used many different weather sites and the best accurate one IMO is WillyWeather.

You can even enter your location and get a more precise prediction, wind, tide, swell etc...

Dr Drift...
yeah i use willyweather, good site.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Hello,

What time of day was that 1kg unit caught, obviously day light but sun set or sun rise?

took my girlfriend down to my holiday house at phillip island for some fishing on th eboat, got 4 gummies, went squid fishing but was way to windy.

I mite be going to brighton pier monday night if anyone wans to join?

also went for a walk on our beach and saw a great octopuss, pic is to large to upload.
3pm i got it. Only person squidding too.

Drago and a few others got into a MASSIVE school of salmon around the pier yesterday he got 24 landed 1 kg salmon off the pier on a halco laser.

They came back today i got three hits and one 780gram salmon landed on my bream gear... awesome fun. got two squid too.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

nice, they recon there is alot of bait fish arounf atm so does not suprise me....

suprised that you got squid at that time.

how close where salmon to pier?
we will have to arrange a day that we are both going to be at the pier...
well when the 24 were caught they were pretty much everywhere including under the pier, i was told you couldn't see the bottom anywhere and it was impossible not to hook one

today they were right near on max cast range for me 10 o'clock from the end, but they popped up from nowhere and were gone in 5 mins. i got 3 casts 2 hits and one fish then they vanished. they were getting the baitfish off table rock all day then a small school hit the pier.

Love it when they show up.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

i'm going for a look in the morning...
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

how did you go?
5 squid, not much size but i got them all after daybreak on the #3 Scadfish Yamashita.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

nice, yea daybreak is the time i fish and hve found is best.

darket jigs do work well, but it all depends what they feel like at them time....
Does anyone have a google-maps reference for the beaumeris pier? Is this the one with the baths? Looks like fun, I'm a Blairgowrie person but stuff me that place can get hammered at times, especially around the Easter period.
brighton is the one with the baths, brighton is a great place as it has pier lights, beaumarise is a small pier and no lights.

i have my own light that i lower into the water, it is a great place but to many peopel at times.
[quote name='rocksy' post='18098' date='Apr 5 2010, 11:18 AM']5 squid, not much size but i got them all after daybreak on the #3 Scadfish Yamashita.[/quote]

is this the scadfish jig you are using?

[url="http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/popup_image/osCsid/fcc9659b0c33ca27262bb16b3ad68b23/pID/10113/"]http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/popup_i...8b23/pID/10113/[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brighton squid report octopus1 1 4,480 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: alastair
  Brighton pier Fishingcreature 3 5,252 18-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Fishermanbao
  Warneet Pier, VIC and surrounds Andee 7 16,422 26-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Smashem