Poll: Which jig colour is the best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Green
5.00%
4 5.00%
Blue
17.50%
14 17.50%
Orange
57.50%
46 57.50%
Pink
12.50%
10 12.50%
Red
6.25%
5 6.25%
White
1.25%
1 1.25%
Yellow
0%
0 0%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best squid jig colour
I like using the one they bite. ;-) In other words, try em all. :-) Or, if you don't have a large selection, try different depths, retrieval speeds etc. You'll get em...
Hi Guy's I think squid best color is Yellow or green and Skipper your right to ask 10 people you will get 10 different answers

Hi guys !

I been fishing squid in East Timor and I use a blue small bait fish...
Thanks for sharing your great experiences here. The Favorited squid is a interesting topic.

Gray Choice ?    Angel

Hello,for me right color changes from day to day and even in hours during  the same day.(i fish for squids only during the day and not at night)I keep always diary and i see that methods and colors and most of the time areas to find them, are making a circle during the year.This circle  is true and you can depend on.My  method for discovering the right color for the moment is the following:I use at least 3 rods(to 5) when i am alone in my boat,one side ,different weights and of course different combinations of colors(.In the first catch or even attack i see the favourite color for this period of time and then i make changes to the rods.I use 4 jigs to every rod so i have a big variety to help our friends choose!!!Its important to have more than 2 same jigs from the basic colors,shapes,sizes, because when they prefer the shinny red head jig,they go for that.And if you have 3 from these  jigs you will have 3 squids on your boat.I use electric reels to help me control the situation(Three rods with electric reel and one or two rods with normal reels)Hope i helped.

i have not tried the pink/yellow jigs yet, but ive been using the green/blue jigs with great sucsess on the small squid.
but for the bigger squid, nothing beats the baited jigs with FRESHLY caught yellowtail.

That's just the opposite for me. I've mostly just used pink and yellow jigs and they have been doing great. I've only tried blue and green jigs a couple of times and they didn't do so hot. Maybe I'll give the blue and green jigs another shot. But that's just from my little bit of experience.

Orange works great for me too. I've got a ton of jigs in that color. But again that's just from my little bit of experience.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  understand squid jig colour bossnemo 1 15,412 14-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Last Post: drift squid
  Squid Fishing Attraction Light Colour dieter 2 15,084 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Last Post: dieter
  Which Squid Jig Colour Should I Use ? Joseph Loh Joo Guan 1 6,346 13-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrzed