Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egi Rod Help
Hi guys,

First let me introduce myself as a newcomer to this great site!

My names Pat, a very keen lure fisherman that's fishes for bream, trout, squid, snapper and other various things along the way. Based in Melbourne, I often travel around Victoria in hope of catching and releasing that big one.

I'm in a dilemma at the moment in terms of choosing an egi rod. My existing rod is a daiwa emerldas Infeet interline with a 2500 daiwa Infeet reel.

I'm thinking of getting the new combo, for the reel probably a daiwa certate or new emeraldas 2508.

What I had in mind was the better daiwa emeraldas, but the guided version. Only problem is that they are 8'6, a little too long for my liking. I use the rod off land and off a boat. So anything up to 8'1 would be good.

The fast tapered feel of the daiwa rods, but they are soft when they need to be. ie hookup.

I use quite large jigs also, mostly size 2.5-4

Is there any alternative to the daiwa emerldas? Im planning to spend up to about 250-300ish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pat
daiwa make a boat version of emeraldas all under 8'1" but not here only in J Land.

Personal preffererance of the liquid oxygen egi rods great bend through the rod and no poor hookups

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which EGI rod should I chose? EGINewbie 0 4,325 31-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: EGINewbie
  What Egi rod should i purchase? need some advice please :) Islandfisher 1 2,602 25-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Last Post: kenwahoo
  Needing advice on first egi rod? Islandfisher 1 3,832 26-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Last Post: smashdcrab