Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonington, CT - 2013 Season
We're getting close. Can't wait.
Should happen soon Rusty! I took a look at a couple of my spots last night in the Stonington/Mystic area. A LOT of bait including shrimp and shiners(minnows of some sort) some 1 inch - 2 inch fluke feeding at the surface, a lot of worms/eel looking things but no Squid. Just a little too cold still. Keep me posted if you see anything in the area Rusty!
RustyRRuRusty, Looks like Benny's Stores have Yo Zuri squid jigs on sale this week, $5.99. They have both pink and tan. See you Saturday night in Stonington. -S.D.L.
Where do you guys get them in the Mystic/Stonington area?? I was there last fall and asking around I didn't find anybody who knew where to catch them there. I got a bunch on the Vinyard on the fall run and figured perhaps I could get more around Mystic when I was there for a few days. Most people didn't think squid were caught there. Thanks, Gene
I tried Stonington Friday night for a while, no action. There were a couple of Asian guys there, didn't see them get any either.
Hey Guys, No Plan gets launched friday. Plan on heading out Saturday this week out of Mystic to see if I can find some squid. I'll let you know how it went Sunday.
I went to the town dock and found nothing,
Hey guys, not much going on south of fishers island yet. Water temp is only 47 to 48 degrees. Will see what happens next weekend.
I am hoping to get out next week, nights still look chilly and the wind still whipping up. Hopefully things will settle down by Friday.
Newbie to this sport, squid I caught were by net off shore fishing during the night chunk. Keep me posted. I would really like to be there when they are abundant!
Squid sighting tonight in Stonington! Tons of bait around now (little silversides), saw two squid but I think they had their fill already so I couldn't get them to bite.
None sighted the last two nights at the usual spot, and no one there fishing for them. Gonna give it a little more time.
Heading out sat night to turn on the halogens and see whats out there. Anyone else heading out?
Tried for a bit tonight. They are there, but there is also tons of bait so they don't seem to be interested in any offerings.
I think there won't be a squid season this year in Stonington. I stopped by the town dock last night on the way home from a business trip about 11:00. There was one guy there fishing for bluefish / stripers. I walked up and down the wharf, and under the lights there was a big school of baitfish, being attacked by schoolies that were hanging out in the shadows. If there's fish in the harbor, there won't be squid.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stonington, CT 2018 Squidders Unite! RustyMorr 19 5,774 08-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: JANZ
  Stonington, CT 2014 Squid Season BlueKayak 29 8,445 14-05-2015, 04:31 AM
Last Post: CoastalLifePhotography
  Greenport, NY - 2013 Squid Season glen 12 6,182 11-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: glen