Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton pier
Hey guys, has anybody been fishing at brighton pier? If yes what day and what time is the best for squid fishing, and what would be the best jig/lure

Thanx
Hey there,

I have tried Brighton Pier before, but I'm the warmer months when the squid are in more numbers in the north of Port Phillip Bay. I fished the rock wall using a 2.0 green ika jig with red foil under cloth and managed one squid to about 400g. This time of year you're better off trying further south of the bay, like Sorrento pier or Portsea. Cast out near the boat moorings over the weed beds. Adjust your jig size/colour as per water conditions and time of day.

Hope this helps a bit!

Good luck
Very quiet last night. Too calm and peacefull. Picked up three little beauties the night before - On the jig - Dusk till bout an hour after. - They sneak in on dusk to feed. Need a bit of a ripple on the water. Think they spook to easy when its calm.

I been catching squid off brighton pier during the night time . I prefer squid fishing during the calm waters since I can see what follows my jig and what doesn't but 2.5 or 3 works well unless you uses a smaller jig with a drop sinker

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brighton squid report octopus1 1 4,439 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: alastair
  Brighton pier and surrounds - VIC Mr_snapperman 574 144,522 29-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Giovanni
  Mordy, Brighton, Beaumaris nicbaz 1 4,383 27-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: nala