Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to squid on the Cape?
Guess I can't rely on the person I got the info from, my apologizes to those that followed my report. I was just trying to help.
[Image: 54297976.jpg]

G.I.S.S. Member #002
I got the same report from a diff source. Seems a slug of squid came through but didn't stay.

Almost went myself.
I'm glad you posted that JANZ. I hope people know that I wasn't trying to send them on a wild goose chase.
[Image: 54297976.jpg]

G.I.S.S. Member #002
itchin to get some fresh calimari but just have to wait. In the mean time I will go cod/hadock fishing.
Here we go again?

Fishing Report
5-23-13

Cape Cod Canal: This Morning before Sun Up was great down the East End. But when the sun came the bite ended. Yesterday afternoon around the mid canal area after the tide change. Squid and Pogies got pushed with the weather.

This Mackerel swimmer below was amazing this morning:

http://www.canalbaitandtackle.com/magic-...-mackerel/

The Pearl Silver swimmer below was great in the yesterday afternoon:

http://www.canalbaitandtackle.com/magic-...rl-silver/

Squid have moved in heavy in the past few days. Down the East End of Canal is the place to be. The squid are there at night. Make sure to stock up on Squid Jigs.

squid are extinct 

Quote:Here we go again?

Fishing Report
5-23-13

Cape Cod Canal: This Morning before Sun Up was great down the East End. But when the sun came the bite ended. Yesterday afternoon around the mid canal area after the tide change. Squid and Pogies got pushed with the weather.

Squid have moved in heavy in the past few days. Down the East End of Canal is the place to be. The squid are there at night. Make sure to stock up on Squid Jigs.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JANZ" data-cid="26310" data-time="1369341487">
Here we go again?

Fishing Report
5-23-13

</blockquote>
I went by these reports and caught nothing

Members who went out in person are more trust worthy .

Third person sources are usually bogus .
I agree with you squid fox. 

Trying to get out but just can't schedule it right now.  If the squid were here when they were

supposed to be I would have had time.  That report came from the canal bait and tackle.  Those

folks are right there so one would think they're reports are good.  If the weather ever cooperates

I would go with Frances fleet squid fishing but they have had a hard time with the weather.  I'm

not the fill buckets type person.  1/2 dozen to a dozen is great for me.  Next time I wont post

unless I actually go.

We went to Newport last night

Fish for squid roughly for two hours until a giant rolling wave knocked out the eu2000, can't restart generator, anchor won't hold .

Defeated again squid win .

Squid count for season = 2

Fish count = very well one of the best season I ever have .

Fuel cost up to now = $ 640
Got the same generator and can't say enough good things about it.  Surprised it quit on you.

Did the wave swamp the boat?  I wouldn't mind sharing costs on fuel if you need a helper some time.

If the weather would just cooperate a little, going to get out in the next 3 days and will probably start

around Pt Judith and if nothing head to the CCC (cape cod canal).  Got to get away from work for

a bit and fishing is, well you know its the answer if your reading this.  CT is probably the closest for me

but don't have a clue where to squid down there.

Quote:Got the same generator and can't say enough good things about it.  Surprised it quit on you.

Did the wave swamp the boat?  I wouldn't mind sharing costs on fuel if you need a helper some time.

If the weather would just cooperate a little, going to get out in the next 3 days and will probably start

around Pt Judith and if nothing head to the CCC (cape cod canal).  Got to get away from work for

a bit and fishing is, well you know its the answer if your reading this.  CT is probably the closest for me

but don't have a clue where to squid down there.
Thank you, for asking JANZ

I only have two seats on my 16' ski and fish boat I limit it to two person . And I usually fished in the cape, sometime in RI.

Eu2000 arguably the best generator ever made if you can afford it . My was swamped with salt water, And choked . Hosed down with fresh water today started right up, plugged in a few high amp. Power tools and it handled with ease .

I am Looking to upgrade to a 21' or 22' boat with an outboard when the right boat come along. After twenty years of getting salt water in the face, I realized that a 16 foot boat is a little small for the big ocean, even when you fish inshore. At the meantime my 16 footer and I will head to Edgartown .
Great generator I figured it would start and run.

My boat is for sale but you won't be trailering it.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing...fisherman/
Nice boat !

I would buy something like that when I am 58 and live on my pension .

With no work and more time on the ocean .

Just like old time, back when I served on the (USS Suribachi AE-21 ) nothing but ocean no land any where in sign for days.

Join the NAVY see the world

GO NAVY
You sound like my buddy Fred D. he served on the aircraft carrier that retrieved the first manned space

capsule when it came back.  Maybe tomorrow night supposed to be nicer.

Has anyone tried Onset Bay? I remember catching buckets of squid around 25 - 30 years ago there. after a few years they did not show up. I am wondering if they are back  Confusedq:

You caught them all,  LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cape Cod Squid TentacleWrestler 4 3,385 17-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: T2BOS
  Cape Cod Squid Charters BountyHunter 0 1,855 09-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  cape cod fall squid? sodabiscuit12345 1 3,057 07-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Last Post: sodabiscuit12345