Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squid not scared
Went for a dive over my local squid grounds and found a heap of grouse jigs yamies and yo s and a couple of cheapies anyways there were squid everywhere 20 maybe 30 no spear or rod in the car spewin ! One jig had 2feet of line on it so I dangled it and they were keen on it but would shy away with eye contact so I swam around slowly not looking at them when one smashed the jig and I was on ink everywhere swimming backwards to keep pressure on couldn't see to grab it and it was gone spewin but stoked tried again for another hit but luck can't believe it came so close to me. Went back later and caught 6 in half an hour medium size on a jig I just found !
That's why I try to be careful with my jigs, I don't want some diver getting my Harimitsu's.
Been squidin and caught 6 medium size hoods can't believe changing the colour made so much difference . Caught 1on a pink yami then moved 30 mtrs and cast 10 times for no luck and was about to bail changed jig to a natural 2.5 yami and 4 in a row always keep your options open. They were caught in what some would call Sydney s lower eastern suburbs!
i am a true believer in natural colours especially in day time
[left]squiderboy[/left]
Colour is very important and people who know this will always catch more squid.
[quote name='squidguy' timestamp='1333141326' post='24188']

i am a true believer in natural colours especially in day time

[/quote]

Natural coloured jigs always produce for me, its all i ever usually fish with during the day.