Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKING FOR JIGS FOR GIANT SQUID IN CHILE
Hello:

I am grateful to have just found this site today. I am a commercial tackle dealer in Chile and looking a for a heavy duty jig for hand jigging (not machine jigging) for giant squid in Chile. We have tried some lighter and smaller models but they don't work well. The model shown in the attached photo is quite good and has the following characterstics:

- Total Length: 38 cm.

- Total Weight: 1.7 Kgs. (3.75 lbs.)

- Jig Hooks: Made of 4.0 mm wire and the hooks rings have a diameter (at hook points of 6.5 mm)

- Central Steel Axis: 10 mm thick steel rod and is continuous from ring on one end to threads on opposite end, which has a nut that holds jig components together.

- There is a mark on the side of the lead part of the jig that says "KMC", which I "suppose" is the manufacturer.

I have tried to find this jig in Internet searches but have not had luck so far. Therefore, I'd be very grateful for any info or leads from anyone about for the original manufacturer of this "KMC" jig or a similar jig from any other manufacturer.

Please see attached photo.

Thanks and all the best,

Ross Grange

Santiago, Chile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

thats one big assed jig ....maybe try a harpoon..lol.

I've seen doco's on the giant squid they catch out on the baha (spell check) peninsula in the states and they are very similar so try looking in that area....they sell the squid to a Korean processing plant there too if thats any help to you.

good luck

mug
make squid your friend...then bag them
got to squidjig.com as they supply jigs for giant squid.....just look them up on this site.

mug
make squid your friend...then bag them