Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Coast ?
Gday guys, Im new to squid fishing and am keen to find a spot. A mate and I have been trying to suss out a decent squidding spot for the last couple of weeks. Tried Batteau Bay , Norah Head and Terrigal Haven but really unsure excactly where to cast our lures.I understand it needs to be calm water and around kelp beds,If anyone could help me out at all that would be awesome and greatley appreciated.Thanks guys
I've seen squid taken at the northern side of Avoca beach, on the rocks just on the corner in the weed there.

Hope it helps.
The squid are nearly always in the Haven @ Terrigal.Cast off the rocks.Jig colour to me is most important,one of them will work.

Cheers.
What of the Brisbane water though I've fished it all my life and seen squid at numerous spots I do struggle though with what jig to use and whether squid is seasonal any tips?
What of the Brisbane water though I've fished it all my life and seen squid at numerous spots I do struggle though with what jig to use and whether squid is seasonal any tips?
squid are mostly all year round-but i've heard that they are bigger in winter
[left]squiderboy[/left]
Avoca is hit and miss but can fire with a mix a small and medium squid. Darker colours seem to be the go. The guy next to me last month was using a black jig and pulled a few more than me on blue and purple. The boat ramp at Norah head at night also produces on a high tide.
[quote name='Squidlet' timestamp='1334111964' post='24337']

[/quote]for jigs i like the yamashita ones especially the natural colours the best but i'm not an expert
[left]squiderboy[/left]
Cheers I went out yesterday in the kyack and had a lot of trouble getting the jig to the bottom due to wind and current should I be using a deep diving jig I never had any trouble getting to the bottom using soft plastics in the same areas seeking flathead and this was when I often saw the squid following the plastics.
Squidlet, in terms of Terrigal. Cast from the rocks towards to moored boats. There is where the kelp beds are. I would do it at low tide to avoid getting snagged on the rocks. I am keen to try it out over the winter if you want a squidding buddy.

[Image: terrigal.jpg]
Yeh thanks for the tips guys I'm looking at ordering a few natural jigs from Japan pro fishing but they always seem to be out of the jigs I'm after I suppose its just a waiting game also that terrigal spot seems to have some serious potential and I'm keen to get out there pre sunrise one day soon I'll let you all know how it goes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Coast Patonga to Caves Beach Braddlepops 0 2,204 23-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Braddlepops
  Check out some cool footage of Central Coast Mulloway trip! dudleyboy7 1 3,107 21-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Wilso
  Central coast hotspots Squidlet 7 6,501 17-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Last Post: prutkul