Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington Long Island
I figured I will start this sow its easier to keep up with the reports for us that are in the western sound .

Anyone local to the Huntington area have any experience fishing for squid off a boat in the sound ? I own a boat and would like to try it . i thought about just parking in the mouth or the harbor , but i would really like to try in the sound . Any pointers would be appreciated , 

I heard people are doing good a greenport right now, and it takes time to let squid swim all the way from eastern montauk to our area.

I tried last night, I took my boat to the mouth of the harbor and anchored up . Hung a hydro glow and a few LED spot lights . I went out at the top of the high tide and hour after dark and fished until 1130 . Not one squid !
Quote:I tried last night, I took my boat to the mouth of the harbor and anchored up . Hung a hydro glow and a few LED spot lights . I went out at the top of the high tide and hour after dark and fished until 1130 . Not one squid !
pretty late this year
Ok with the tide being incoming and the temp drop and 1/2 moon going to try again tomorrow night . Going to take the boat to the mouth of the harbor.. wish me luck
Quote:Ok with the tide being incoming and the temp drop and 1/2 moon going to try again tomorrow night . Going to take the boat to the mouth of the harbor.. wish me luck
Best of luck! Hope to hear some good news.

Temperature really dropped last night, I can almost feel squid in the air.
Just got home , fished for 3 hours , got 2 dozen . Some of them are huge .
Nov/03/2017

Water temperature:59`F

wind :Gust 15mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMZ6nCAucw&t=115s

Good luck Guys..
Just heard from a friend that he saw some Asian guys doing good catching squid from a pier in Oyster Bay over last weekend. He said they had good lights and caught a lot of 6-12" squid.

squid is pretty big this year

Just got back , and fishing was great , I was only able to fish an hour and I was still able to bring Home 2 dozen . Some of the are huge . Get out there boys and catch em up . Good luck .
Fished again last night me and a buddy filled a bucket up ! And some of them are giants !
Guys, how long you think the run will last? Mid December? 

Water temp is dropping fast , I hope to get a few more nights . I fished this past weekend and was there from 430 pm to 230 am and only got 12 .
just came back from oyster bay and huntington and I got nothing.  some people had maybe 2-5 max.  Can anybody tell me when is the best time as in weather and what time of the day for best squid fishing

huntington vs oyster bay where's better and where is the exact location for huntington,  I saw few guys at huntinton but the water seems shallow and wasn't sure if they caught much or anything.  Huntington seems to be a tighter spot where I saw the guys from the boat drop off site.  Is that the only spot on huntington?

This year started off great then it died off fast with the water temp dropping so fast . I am going to try again tonight in Huntington . I will keep you posted
I guess I'll start off 2019.

Anyone seen any action on the island?

Long Island is dead !!!!!!!!!! fished many hours and only got a few . keep hoping they are going to show up but the water temp is dropping fast , don't think they are going to make a showing this season . please someone prove me wrong .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Island Squid JoeQian 4 1,175 17-11-2022, 02:27 AM
Last Post: JoeQian
  Any actions from Greenport long island NY? rsgtz 4 2,205 12-05-2020, 01:44 AM
Last Post: JoeQian
  North shore Long Island spring fishery? Calamariaddict 0 1,490 23-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Calamariaddict