Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish with fruit
Sorry for off topic. I'm looking for a recipe, so I hope you can help.

I recently read a book / diary of Captain Nelson, and there is mentioned that he was delighted that one meal is eaten on an island in the South Pacific. It was the fish prepared with fruit.

In Croatia, it is not common and I'd love to try it so if anyone knows the exact or at least a similar recipe please put it here.
Sorry about my english, most of this text is automatically translated.
Tonight I did a dish of Grilled Sardines paired with Watermelon, Tuscan Cantaloupe, Olives and Feta. The garnishes were Mint, Basil, Lemon and Olive Oil. All nice ingredients on their own, but.....the end result wasn't very palatable. Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Mint, Basil and Lemon are beautiful in a late summer salad. The Feta adds a nice salty tang. Maybe a touch of Melon Liqueur? But throw oily Sardines into the mix with sweet melon and it equals=YUCK. Grilled Sardines and a hint of Lemon are all I needed. Just not fruit.

So in the right combination, maybe a pineapple salsa with Hawaiian Ono, it could work. But I can't imagine a filet of Salmon with Sauteed Apples. What do you think?