Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
squid on soft plastics
Hi all

just wondering as anyone used soft plastic for squid fishing besides useing jigs or silver whiting etc when attaching them on wire jigs and which one are your favorites
[quote name='NGK' timestamp='1288921084' post='20799']

Hi all

just wondering as anyone used soft plastic for squid fishing besides useing jigs or silver whiting etc when attaching them on wire jigs and which one are your favorites

[/quote]

I remember fishing at western port once where I was flicking some gulp, 4 squid were following the lure when I brought the lure to the surface. Don't see why it wouldn't work.
would squid hooks upset the wiggle of the soft plastic? i guess you could go for mid body hooks like on those razorback squid jigs.
im thinking of using soft plastics in place of fresh gars or sand whiting by using squid wire jigs

i was talking to my local tackle shop owner the other day and he uses soft plastics on squid all the time.... he reckons once you first feel them give about 5-10 seconds and by then you should be able to hook it in its beak.
You have no chance of hooking a squid with a single hook (normal bait hook)

maybe a treble, we have had alot of squid attack a piclchard or whitting on ganghooks but as soon as they feel tension on line they drop the bait, best way is to lure them to boat with pilchard or soft plastic then drop a squid jig at them and they will be all yours.

i think a decent sized soft plastic that you have scented on a wire jig will work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Soft Jig - Kakyadaks™ Wolfgang 0 6,805 11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Wolfgang