Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party boats where can squid fish on LI
Anybody know or been on party boats that will let you squid fish at night in the ocean or bay? I plant to call around Captree etc.Thanks!
Let me know if you find any. I've been thinking about this as well.
Will do. Already left a message for party boat Fishtale out of Captree last week to call me back if boat will squid fish like they have done in the past. Never called me back. Will keep looking and keep you guys posted.
Thanks for doing this.

Hey guys a little info. Left messages with numerous Captree boats and best thing to do is check out Captree.com to see the names of the boats and then try and check their Facebook pages for see current reports. They will say if squid around , and if the are fishing for them or allowing guys to fish for them on night trips.

I spoke to Captree Princess Captain and he said to check his Facebook page got current info. He also said that last year good fishing during the day for squid!! This may happen for us!! June should be good in the ocean.
That would be great. I'll def be keeping an eye on this. Thanks for making the calls.
Thanks guys...I'll keep an eye out too.

Yesterday fished in the ocean in 70-90 feet of water out of Shinnecock inlet. 2 hours did not mark anything in my depth recorder. Caught one squid drifting. Windy,drift kinda fast at over 2 knots. Proves they are there. Probably better if early May and not June when they come inshore to spawn. Will keep at it. Won't give up.
Some info guys.. Spoke to the part boat Laura lee out of Captree and a nice young lady said you can squid fish on their night trips . It's one of her favorite types of fishing. She hinted weather still kind of cold. I think you may be able to fish for them the rest of June and part of July . A matter of going out I guess and trying. I would ask the mates if you can do it before boarding. She said caught s few so far but no one really trying yet. I would also keep an eye out on the Facebook pages and report pages for the party boats out of Captree. They will probably list when squid in or catching them. Captree princess another boat to watch.
Two years ago i think, Laura lee out of Captree and Capt. james Joseph out of Huntington actually scheduled a few night squid trips on weekend. But the catch wasn't all that good, they quickly switched back to regular fishing.

Hey guys this is the second week in a row that I have read Laura Lee report from Captree that squid are being caught on nightime trips to ocean wrecks . Call for more info . Good luck

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  party/charter boats in New England area? ahgigi 1 2,743 04-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Last Post: CABAND31
  Patriot Party Boat Doing A Squid Trip On Sunday 5/2 ahgigi 2 5,002 13-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Last Post: ahgigi