Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best EGI reel for under $300 AUS.
How you going guys.

I've been hooked on squid fishing for about 12 months now and I'm after a dedicated squid reel.

I have a 2500 Luvias and a 2000 Caldia kix which I've been using but I've been told that I could break these reels with aggressive EGI style fishing.

One reels that I really like is the Stradic CI4 2500.

I've been told these reels are very strong and would handle this type of fishing no problem.

Your thought's on the Stradic CI4 and suggestions of other reels would be great.

Thanks.
I've picked up a Ci4 recently, got it off ebay from US, much cheaper than here.

Haven't tested it out, but I plan on doing so on the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

My current one is a symetre 2500 which is a solid reel that looks like it's going to be used as light multipurpose gear once I buy another rod, but very smooth so far.
i have a new certate 2500R

best reel i have had my hands on to date.

another good squid reel is the egee, daiwa have a new squid reel coming out in october.
Took the Ci4 out for a spin over the weekend and I was stoked with how it performed. Unfortunately I didn't manage to catch anything, but just throwing out heavier jigs felt better than my initial reel (2500 symetre). It's smooth, the drag is almost infinately adjustable to my own style and I can't wait to take it out again!
Daiwa eGee 2506 - they are 50% off from Plat in Japan so willprobably cost about $140, retail in oz for $200. I have one and it it great. I also use a Emeraldas 2506 which is also good but really for squid the egee is good enough - use the money you save by spending it on some good quality egi braid, trace and jigs! or even a spare spool so you can drop down in line size if they are spooky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Egi Reel Recommendations Alex15733 1 6,139 17-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: kenwahoo
  Egi Reel Alex15733 1 3,128 11-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: fishnhook
  New EGI Rod & Reel outfit advice please & opinions! alexgk 1 3,477 23-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: alexgk