Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York squid scene
Heard a pretty good report from last Sunday one guy had 5 at Greenport . I fished Huntington harbor 4 days ago and had nothing and saw nothing. Should bust open soon. Anyone have any news ?
I saw ink on the dock yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:I saw ink on the dock yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where? greenport?
Quote:where? greenport
Huntington . I tried last night . 1 hour and got nothing . i saw a guy that was leaving and he had 2 . 
Quote:Huntington . I tried last night . 1 hour and got nothing . i saw a guy that was leaving and he had 2 . 
Should be soon, maybe two more weeks..
Fished 2 night in the Huntington and oyster Bay Area. 10 hours of effort for 3 squid. Water to warm yet. Better days to come...
any news on the greenport???????? 

Greenport has some squid. Its slow, have to jig for hours and may only get 3 or 4.
Quote:Greenport has some squid. Its slow, have to jig for hours and may only get 3 or 4.
damn,,, compare to rhode island, that sucks.....  or will getting better....
how is it looking at oyster bay now.  Tried twice last week and got nothing.  Is there an ideal air/water temperature or is this all by picking the lucky day.

Anybody try greenport? Or Huntington ?
Quote:Anybody try greenport? Or Huntington ?
Yes tried both spots and caught nothing..
Too early ? Why Rhode Island always has spring run. New York never see any spring run
May be too early. Rhode Island is just better right now
Tried Montauk area last night......I can see bait fish in the water, after 3 hrs, only 1 squid.

Suck, hoping to hear good news
Night sea bass boat from Captree are catching some squids as by catch.

Quote:Night sea bass boat from Captree are catching some squids as by catch.
Thanks for report. I also catch some in my boat when I go out to 50-100 feet of water of Shinnecock. During the day too. Always bring jigs and try because you never know. Same goes for party boats. Obviously May when water cold is much better! Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York Squid Guest 158 46,965 18-10-2017, 04:07 AM
Last Post: squidman890
  New York General Discussion SquidYouNot 2 2,383 19-05-2015, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Gilligan